If your desire is to lose weight, you have to focus on the foods you’re putting into your body. With time being such a precious commodity, it’s really easy to succumb to convenient, packaged foods at the grocery store. It seems the busier we got, the more packaged foods made it on and off of grocery store shelves and into our homes. These foods are meant to last a long time on the shelf and meant to make the food manufacturers money by not going bad so quickly. They have preservatives and other chemicals in them that aren’t meant for our bodies. I used to joke and say “well, if they have preservatives, then when I die I will look really well preserved”.
Below I’ve listed a straight forward list of 7 foods and ingredients you should avoid:
- Artificial Sweeteners: Aspartame, Saccharin, Sucralose, Acesulfame K, and others. Stick to Stevia instead.
- Cooking oils: Cottonseed, soybean, sunflower, grape-seed, corn, safflower and canola oils.
- “Diet” and “Low-Fat” Products: Many dairy products, cereals, crackers, etc.
- Gluten Grains: Wheat, spelt, barley and rye. Includes breads and pastas.
- Highly Processed Foods: If it’s in a box, and looks like it’s man-made, don’t eat it.
- Sugar: Soft drinks, fruit juices, agave, candy, ice cream and many others.
- Trans Fats: “Hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated” oils.
This includes foods labeled as “health foods”. Unfortunately these days, those “health foods” are just as bad if not worse this the regular foods.
Become a BAD-ASS label reader and take control of your weight AND your health once and for all!
It’s important that you become a wise consumer when food shopping. The foods with these ingredients lack the nutrition your body needs so your body is just going to tell you to eat more! Four things are sure to occur if you continue to eat these kinds of foods/ingredients.
- Your body won’t receive the proper nutrients it needs.
- You’ll eat more because your body is hungry for these proper nutrients to function at it’s best.
- You’ll continue to gain weight.
- You’ll spend more money now on this garbage and later on doctor’s bills.