WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MASSAGE?
The benefits of massage therapy are plenty. In a nutshell, it’s one of the best, non-pharmaceutical, all-natural approaches to better health and quality of life. Read below to learn more about massage benefits and why you should schedule your massage therapy session, today!
Mental Benefits of Therapeutic Massage
•Fosters peace of mind
• Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness
• Helps relieve mental stress
• Improves ability to monitor stress signals & respond appropriately
• Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
• Emotional Benefits
• Satisfies needs for caring nurturing touch
• Fosters a feeling of well-being
• Reduces levels of anxiety
• Creates body awareness
• Increases awareness of mind-body connection
Physical Benefits of Therapeutic Massage
• Helps relieve stress and aids relaxation
• Helps relieve muscle tension and stiffness
• Alleviates discomfort during pregnancy
• Fosters faster healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments; reduces pain and swelling; reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
• Reduces muscle spasms
• Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
• Enhances athletic performance; Treats injuries caused during sport or work
• Promotes deeper and easier breathing
• Improves circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
• Reduces blood pressure
• Helps relieve tension-related headaches and effects of eye-strain
• Enhances the health and nourishment of skin
• Improves posture
• Strengthens the immune system
• Treats musculo-skeletal problems
• Rehabilitation post operative
• Rehabilitation after injury
Who Can Benefit From Therapeutic Massage Therapy?
If you suffer from any of the following disorders, you may benefit from therapeutic massage:
• Any chronic muscle or joint pain.
• A known condition of referred pain, such as “when my neck gets tense I get a headache.”
• Any recurring symptoms that seem to accompany or are precipitated by muscle tightness.
• Tight muscles that are limiting the mobility of a joint.
• Chronically fatigued muscles.
• Low energy level, especially when accompanied by muscle aches and pains.
• A recent muscle injury that generates pain or dysfunction in areas not seemingly involved in the injury.
• Muscle pain that recurs in an area with no apparent new cause.
• A tendency for pain to spread to other muscles whenever a simple strain or injury occurs.
People find that therapeutic massage can help with a wide range of medical conditions, including:
• Arthritis (both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis)
• Asthma and bronchitis
• Carpal tunnel syndrome
• Chronic and acute pain
• Circulatory problems
• Digestive disorders, including spastic colon, constipation and diarrhea
• Headache, especially when due to muscle tension
• Gastrointestinal disorders (including spastic colon, colic and constipation)
• Immune function disorders such as Fibromyalgia, and other chronic pain conditions
• Myofascial pain (a condition of the tissue connecting the muscles)
• Premature infants
• Reduced range of motion
• Sports injuries (including pulled or strained muscles and sprained ligaments)
• Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction